Renovations of this landmark 1935 school located in the City of Wilmington include program area changes to help better utilize the former high school for its current needs. Also included in the work was the replacement of mechanical, plumbing and electrical systems, exterior envelope repairs and code-related improvements. The project entailed a major re-working of the administration, music, cafeteria/kitchen and kindergarten areas. Historic areas, including the auditorium, main lobby and library, were renovated with minimal impact to their notable character. A separate 13,000 square foot natatorium building was also completely renovated.