Mt. St. Joseph, House of Retreat - ABHA Architects

Mount St. Joseph, Spirituality Center

PROJECT DESCRIPTION

Twenty-four retired sisters live in the House of Retreat at Mount St. Joseph's Convent, built in 1884 and expanded in 1911. To meet current needs, our renovation created private bedrooms, community rooms, fire stair additions, and better control of heating and cooling. It maintains the character of the original building, newly renamed Kieran Hall in honor of the late Mother Mary John Kieran, SSJ, who dreamed of creating a home for retired sisters.