Mary Mother of Hope House 1 is a halfway house for women located in Wilmington, Delaware. Originally built in the 1800’s, the building was purchased by the Ministry of Caring in 1977 and converted into a temporary residence for women. The renovations transformed this residential home into a fully functional halfway house for women. The project organized the building into three distinct areas; offices, common spaces, and bedrooms. With these changes the building has become more efficient in its use of space while maintaining its residential feel. Additionally, an addition houses an elevator for handicap accessibility, a stair tower for means of egress, and additional area for bedrooms. Situated in the City of Wilmington’s Cool Springs/Tilton Park historic district, the neighboring residences were drawn upon for inspiration in details and craftsmanship.